Our Technology - Slurry Deposition Modeling
Slurry Deposition Modeling (S.D.M.)
Our innovative and patented process allows continuous 3D printing of a ceramic paste obtained by mixing in the extrusion head (just before extrusion) a slurry mixed with one or more additives in their initial liquid state. The many advantages of this new technology are :
- Infinite printing of a ceramic composite. This non stop printing is made possible by continuously adding slurry and adjuvant in the storage tanks during the actual printing process.
- Possibility of choosing the degree of consistency of the paste to be printed, according to desired slurry / adjuvant ratio. This ratio can be easily changed while printing the desired part.
- Total control in the firmness evolution process of the extruded paste, according to the adjuvant / slurry ratio used.
- Possibility of working with several types of slurries and additives depending on the techical properties desired for the final piece.
- No air bubbles during printing, thus practically eliminating manufacturing defects.